Dr. P Shahaida
Dr. Shahaida P is a Professor in Centre for Managerial Communication & Marketing since December 2011. She holds a Ph. D. in the Services Marketing Area from University of Mysore. She has an M. Phil degree in Management from Alagappa University. She is a Master in Business Administration (Marketing) from Kuvempu University. She holds a Graduate degree in Pharmacy, Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore University
She has 21 years of industry, teaching, training, research and consulting experience. She has served as a faculty in reputed management institutes in Bangalore and
Hyderabad. Her core areas in teaching are brand management, services marketing, marketing research, sales management, strategic marketing, tourism marketing and
She has 21 years of industry, teaching, training, research and consulting experience. She has served as a faculty in reputed management institutes in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Her core areas in teaching are brand management, services marketing, marketing research, sales management, strategic marketing, tourism marketing and corporate social responsibility.
She has worked in the industry with multinational companies in the areas of sales, sales training and product management. She has published research papers and case studies in many national and international journals in the areas of services marketing, branding, retail etc including South Asian Journal of Management, International Journal of Commerce and Management and International Journal of Mobile Marketing.
She has designed and developed customized training programs for the faculty and officials of Ministry of Tourism on “Strengthening Capacities to Capture Market Opportunities” with International exposure visits to Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia in 2017-2018 and to Spain in 2019-2020 and in 2019-2020.
At ASCI, she has served as the Director: Centre for Healthcare Management from March 2012-November 2014.
She is currently acting as a co-guide for three Ph.D students in marketing under the AIMA-AMU Ph.D Programme.
She has conceptualized and delivered training programs in Sales and Brand Management, Thinking Differently, Coping with Difficult People at Work: Employees and Customers, Fostering Core Values, Stakeholder Management, Creating Corporate Credibility & Values and Corporate Social Responsibility.
She has conceptualized and delivered programs in Strategic Thinking for NHPC (2014), Strategic Retreat for senior executives of Air India (2017). She has delivered Sessions on Business Orientation and Strategic thinking sessions in the MDP for Mahagenco (2018-2019).
She has delivered an assignment titled Accelerating Sales Performance for Asian Paints Ltd in August 2019, the focus of the 1 day workshop was on Creating an Entrepreneurial growth mindset for the Focus Product Sales Managers of Asian Paints.
In 2020-21, she has developed customised programmes in
Awareness Programme for Women on Workplace Safety for UCO Bank
Role of HRM in Organisations for Executives of AEGCL/APDCL, Assam under CBIS/NERPSIP Project, Sponsored by POWERGRID
Programme on Achieving Sales Excellence for Coir Board
An Online Training Program for Women Forging Ahead: Management and Leadership Excellence Sponsored by POWERGRID Academy of Leadership.
She has lead Consulting Assignments in the following areas:
- Preparation and Formulating Strategic Medium Term Business Plan 2021-26 for Pawan Hans Ltd
- Diagnostic Study on Agricultural Produce Marketing through Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) in North Eastern Region
- DLI Verification for Year-5 (FY 2020-21)_One Pending DLI of Year-4 (FY 2019-20) of MPCARS Project
- Extension of Verification of Disbursement Linked Indicators for World Bank funded MPHEQIP
- Study on Challenges and Solutions in Establishing Functional Family Courts in Different States
- Study on Social Sector Projects Assisted under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund in the states of Kerala, Karnataka and Rajasthan
- Business Plan Development for Pawan Hans Ltd (2014-15): Developed a 10 year forecast for the organization. Detailed customer analysis, competition analysis, market mapping, strategy formulation, funding plan and marketing strategy were developed.
- Measuring Service Quality of Hyderabad Police for National Police Academy (2013): The SERVQUAL approach was used to assess the expected and current service quality delivered by Hyderabad police. The gaps were identified and an action plan suggested for bridging the gaps. Citizens and police officers perspectives were incorporated.
- Formulation of Incentive Plans for Sales Executives for Goodricke Group Ltd (2014): The existing incentive system was analyzed, sales executives opinions were surveyed, the challenges faced by the organization with the existing system were addressed with a new incentive plan
- Customer Satisfaction Measurement for Midhani and Pawan Hans Ltd (2012, 2014, 2015, 2018): Business to Business customers were surveyed using a structured questionnaire, a customer satisfaction index was developed to identify the areas of concern and suitable strategies suggested to address customer complaints.
- Brand Positioning and Audit Study for Orient Cements (2012): A detailed brand audit was conducted for the company in AP, Telangana and Maharashtra. Dealers, home owners and retailers were sampled using a brand audit instrument apart from focus group discussions. The brand’s position was depicted through positioning maps for different markets and different customer groups. This formed the basis of forming new branding strategies
- Developing case studies in Healthcare Services Delivery (2016): A case study on the successful implementation of telemedicine by the Government of Karnataka
- CSR Evaluation Studies: She has successfully completed CSR evaluation studies for Bharat Dynamics Limited (2014), Midhani ltd (2013), PGCIL projects in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh (2016-17) and JSW Foundation (2018).
- Market Study for Vijaya Dairy Products in Telangana (2018): A complete study on the status of Vijaya Diary products was conducted. A survey to understand the position of the brand among customers and dealers/retailers was conducted and marketing strategies provided to Vijaya Diary.
- Public Services Delivery: Verification of Disbursement Linked Indicators for World Bank funded MPCARS Project & Case Development on PSG Act in MP (2017- 18) and 2019-2020: This was an assessment of the implementation of the Pubic Service Guarantee Act in MP. A detailed case study has been developed on the initiative.
- Public Services Delivery: Evaluation Study of the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister’s Helpline System in MP (2018): In order to make government accessible to citizens, the MP government created and implemented the CM’s helpline. This initiative was evaluated
- Public Services Delivery: Independent Evaluation Study of the Bihar Right to Public Grievance Redressal Act (BRPGRA) 2018: The Bihar government has enacted a unique legislation to respond to public grievances, a third party assessment of the grievance redressal act was conducted.
Dr. P Shahaida
Professor – Marketing Area,
Centre for Management Studies
Administrative Staff College of India
Bella Vista, Raj Bhavan Road.
Hyderabad: 500 0082Tel: