Centre for Public Policy, Governance and Performance (CPPGP) focuses on research and capacity building programmes in the areas of Public Policy and Governance Reforms. CPPGP has taken up assignments for Ministries including DARP&PG, MHRD, MEA, MietY and various other agencies like UNSSC, GIZ, NITI Aayog, GDI, UNDP, UNICEF on innovation in governance, administrative reforms, e-Governance, Sustainable Development Goals, grassroot intervention for monitoring and evaluation. CPPGP has networked extensively with the institutions working in similar areas in India and abroad to exchange ideas and find common solutions.
CPPGP’s vision is to assist in shaping public policy in a way that leads to demonstratable outcomes on the ground and act as a think tank to the Central and State Governments. CPPGP has completed more than 25 large scale research and consulting projects, conducted more than 5000 hours of executive training impacting more than 3000 senior officials. Some of the projects are highlighted below
- NITI Aayog sponsored project on Design and Delivery of Capacity Building Programme of SDGs for Civil Servants
Key Impact – Incubate change leadership across the Government edifice to implement SDGs.
- UNICEF sponsored assignment for Capacity Building for Decentralised Planning in Odisha 2015
Key Impact – Build capacity for District Planning Departments to coordinate and prepare decentralised developmental plans.
- Leadership Development Programme for enhanced public service delivery sponsored by ITEC, Ministry of External Affairs
Key Impact – Build on the goodwill among friendly nations and enhancing capacity for public service delivery
CPPGP plans to take up long term research and dissemination activities to build ‘Evidence’ based Public Policy making in India.
- Screening exercise of officers for promotion to the cadres of GM (scale V11) and DGM (scale V1) – Promotional Exercise 2020-21
- Study on challenges and solutions in establishing functional family courts in different states
- Consultation for devising manpower policy and for study of future business opportunities
- Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills
- Building and Leading Effective Teams
- Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals – The Way Ahead
- Capacity Building Programme on Good Governance & Effective Public Administration
Dr. Harsh Sharma
Professor and Centre Director