The Centre for Energy Studies (CES) provides policy support, capacity building as well as consultancy on various facets of energy. The CES, set up in 2020 at ASCI, builds on the work the College has been doing for several decades on Power Sector Policy & Reforms, Energy Regulation and Management of power utilities.
Currently, the CES is working with Central and State Governments, Electricity Regulatory Commissions, Utilities and Energy Companies providing consulting and capacity building support. The areas of work include Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) development and implementation, Renewable Energy (Solar and Biomass), Cool Roofs for Climate Change, Estimation of Agriculture Consumption in states, development of E-Mobility, Organisation Development and Strategy for energy entities, Third Party Inspection for power distribution utilities, Tariff regulation and aligned activity. We provide inputs to several Expert Committees on various challenging aspects of the energy sector particularly power.
CES provides capacity building both customized as well as open, announced programmes for leading energy entities both in India and in the South Asia region. We have conducted programmes for leading PSUs like NTPC Ltd., Power Grid, THDC Ltd., Damodar Valley Corporation and Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB). Our participants for our other courses are enrolled from a cross section of energy entities including NPCIL, AP Transco, Coal India Ltd, BPCL, IOC, HPCL, SCCL, SERCs, CERC as well as professionals from the South Asian region.
Our clients include the Central Ministries of the Government of India, State governments, Electricity Regulatory Commissions, Power Utilities, Energy Companies, Multi-lateral agencies such as NRDC, ADB amongst others.
- Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) implementation in the state of Telangana and AP
- Quantity and Quality inspection of work/schemes in the jurisdiction of TSSPDCL
- Processing Tariff Petitions of MePGCL, Mep TCL/SLDC
- Processing Tariff Petitions
- Smart Grid Technology and its Application in Power Sector
- Regulating Electricity Tariffs and Related Issues
- Renewable Energy Regulation
- ADB Safeguard Procedures
- Advanced Management Program for DGMs of THDCIL
- Advanced Management Programme for Executives of THDCIL
Mr. Rajkiran V Bilolikar
Centre Director and Professor
Mr. Siddartha Ramakanth Keshavadasu
P Pavan Kumar
Mr. Amartya Awasthi