|In-Company Training Programs|
The PGDHM programme of ASCI, approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), is the preferred higher-education option for a large section of graduates aspiring to become professionals in hospital administration and healthcare management. The programme attracts a large number of recruiters too during the annual placements season. Alumni of the ASCI-PGDHM programme are today in responsible positions in several corporate hospitals as well as in the industry in India and abroad, competently handling healthcare service delivery management.
Salient Features of the PGDHM Programme
The programme has academic rigor and industry-orientation. It includes specially designed modules on healthcare information technology, hospital operations, personality development, and such other modules that are crucial for the students for advancing their knowledge frontiers as well as securing placements in the best hospitals, IT enterprises, consultancy firms as well as private corporations and public organizations engaged in healthcare management. The Programme has the following distinguishing features:
- Up-to-date curriculum
- Extensive industry interaction
- Summer internship on live projects
- Specialized and experienced faculty
- Exposure to new and emerging areas of healthcare - by practising managers (from the industry)
- Interactive / participatory learning
- Strong alumni network
- Well-equipped, centrally located campus
- Laptops for students
- Excellent on-campus air-conditioned hostel facilities (separately) for boys and girls (Hostel stay is optional)
- Placement-assistance for careers in top-notch corporate hospitals and organizations of repute with global presence.
- Graduates in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- A valid score from any one of the Management Admission Tests approved by the AICTE, viz. MAT / CMAT / CAT / GMAT / XAT / ATMA
- Candidates appearing for their final year examination of Bachelor's degree or waiting for the final year results in 2014 are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will be given provisional admission and will have to produce proof of graduation within two months of the start of the programme, which is typically in July every year.
Selection & Admission
- Selection is based on a combination of such factors as Academic credentials, Management Admission Test score, Performance in the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI), Demonstrated interest in the healthcare management, Communication skills etc.
- Candidates are required to bring original documents for verification at the time of GD/PI.
- Candidates shortlisted for admission are invited for GD and PI at Hyderabad and New Delhi. More Centres for holding the selection process might also be considered, based on need.
How to Apply
- Application form is available here which may be downloaded, duly filled and sent to the address mentioned below along with a non-refundable Demand Draft for Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) drawn in favour of Administrative Staff College of India, so as to reach the Centre for Healthcare Management, ASCI, latest by May 30, 2014.
- Candidates may also get in touch with the Centre for Healthcare Management, ASCI for the application form and for any additional information.
||To be paid within two weeks of admission confirmation
|First Year Fee
||July 01, 2014
|Seond Year Fee
||July 01, 2015
- Hostel fee for residential students is Rs.1,10,000/- extra (double occupancy). Catering and food provision charges for residential students are Rs. 1,10,000/- extra. Both hostel fee and catering/food charges are payable in two equal instalments by 01 July 2014 and 01 July 2015.
- An amount of Rs. 55,000/- only is payable by non-residential students towards catering and food provision (lunch and tea), payable in two equal instalments by 01 July 2014 and 01 July 2015.
- All fee mentioned above do not include license fee to be paid to hospitals where students intend to pursue their internship.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Assistance is provided to students to avail bank loan facility.
For more information about the programme and selection process, Please Contact:
Centre for Healthcare Management,
Administrative Staff College of India,
College Park Campus,
Banjara Hills Road #3,
Hyderabad 500034 ,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Phone: +91-40-66720708/ 66720711