With a view to better understand the different aspects of exclusion in education and to develop strategies to ensure equity in school education, the Government of Andhra Pradesh has set up the State Level Equity Working Group (EWG) with various officials and educationists and select NGOs. Dr. Yamini Atmavilas, Associate Professor, in the Centre for Human Development, Administrative Staff College of India, has been invited to be a member of the EWG.
The EWG will meet quarterly to monitor, review and coordinate the following activities:
1. To review and provide inputs to the planning processes within RVM (SSA), focusing on equity issues.
2. To develop monitoring tools that can be used by the different sectors within RVM (SSA) to ensure that all children are participating equitably in education.
3. To plan for and conduct periodic assessments of different SSA programmes using specific parameters of equity in education.
4. To plan for and conduct training at different levels on gender and social equity
5. To design and support in the implementation of innovative projects that will focus on children belonging to the special focus groups.
6. To submit annual Equity Reports to RVM (SSA).
7. To document and disseminate success stories from the field.
This follows G.O.Rt.No.461 of the Government of Andhra Pradesh.